“When Ned suffers an accident at a play, he reveals that he and Edna are married. At the hospital, half the town intrudes on Ned’s room, and Edna tells everyone to clear out. They soon realize that having an open marriage is tricky, and they have to deal with the ups and downs. Meanwhile, Edna pulls Rod and Todd out of Christian school and into Springfield Elementary.”
The new record bumps season 22′s ‘The Great Simpsina’ out of the 5 least-watched episodes of all time, which means this list is now entirely comprised of episodes from this season.
- “Ned ‘N Edna’s Blend” (season 23) – 4.00 million
- “The Daughter Also Rises” (season 23) – 4.33 million
- “The Spy Who Learned Me” (season 23) – 4.74 million
- “Beware My Cheating Bart” (season 23) – 4.86 million
- “How I Wet Your Mother” (season 23) – 4.96 million
Next week’s season finale ‘Lisa Goes Gaga’ has the opportunity to break this downward trend, though for every extra Lady Gaga fan that tunes in will be a hater that switches off.
Fox was fourth overall for the night and third among adults 18 – 49. The Cleveland Show at 7.30 had 2.79 million viewers, Bob’s Burgers had 3.63 million at 8.30, followed by Family Guy with 4.94 million and the season finale of American Dad at 4.12 million viewers, beating The Simpsons for the second week running.